BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stop 4: Lizzy's - June 26, 2009

Overall we felt Lizzy's was okay. Andrea tried the coconut ice cream, which had actual shredded coconut in it - a plus in the texture category. She also reported she liked the flavor. Allison got coffee oreo frozen yogurt, which she thought was average. It had a lot of oreo chunks, though, which is another plus in the texture category.

I had the Maddog Mango Sherbet, which is basically mango sherbet with cayenne. It was an interesting combination. At first I thought the sweet and spicy worked, but then it was just overwhelmingly spicy and kind of gross. I felt nauseous after eating a small amount and had to eat something else to get the taste out of my mouth. I can handle the heat, but it just didn't work with the mango. Had there been less cayenne it could have been a good flavor.

There were also other problems. The consistency was inconsistent. There were icy parts and syrupy parts. The flavoring was also inconsistent. Parts were really spicy and parts weren't very spicy at all. Overall I'd give this flavor a 3/10. As for price, it wasn't as good a value as Toscanini's. I paid about $3.60 for a kiddie, which was about 1/2 cup of ice cream.

I've had other flavors from Lizzy's and had a better experience. Both times the ice cream had been pretty creamy and mixed properly. They have some unique flavors, which is a plus, but they could work on flavor strength and distribution.

0 comments: