BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stop 3: Toscanini's - June 16, 2009

The clouds finally parted and we were blessed with bright sunshine for our Toscanini's outing. Allison and I tried a sample of our elected signature flavor, Vanilla. More specifically, French Vanilla. It tasted like French Vanilla to me - creamy, lots of vanilla flavor. I need to try other vanillas for comparison, but I'd say it currently ranks as 7/10.

We each decided on unique, Toscanini flavors for our main snack: Vienna finger cookie for me, Orange butter flake for Andrea, and Ginger snap molasses for Allison.

My thoughts on Vienna finger cookie: It was a nice combination. You don't often find vanilla-flavored cookies in vanilla ice cream. The ratio of cookie to ice cream was a bit much, probably about 70/30. I think it would have been better as 40/60 - more ice cream, less cookie. Don't get me wrong, I loved the full-sized cookie pieces, but the bottom of my ice cream was all cookie, not ice cream. Overall I'd give this flavor 7/10.

I tried a little of the other flavors. Orange butter flake was super rich and just like eating an orange truffle. Mmmmm. I'm not a huge fan of ginger, but ginger snap molasses was okay. Very rich with a strong gingerbread flavor.

3 comments:

Allison said...

While I thought the ginger snap molasses was delicious, my only caveat would be that their ice cream is very rich and for those that prefer a lighter taste, it might be better to go for the sorbets, which we did not sample. Perhaps a repeat, "unofficial" visit will be in order.

Jennie said...

I forgot to comment on the price to ice cream ratio. It seemed average - not expensive, not cheap. It was $3.75 for 1 scoop, however that scoop was about 1 cup of ice cream, maybe even a little more, depending on who scooped it.

Andrea said...

I agree with Allison - my Butter Orange Flake (or whatever it was called) was extremely tasty, but very rich. I'm sure that's the "butter" part of the flavor name, but I would have preferred it if it was just orange and flake. But, the flavor was exactly as advertised and delicious, so I was pleased. I got an enormous portion for only ordering the small.